- Stand-alone sand binder strong enough for weight-bearing masonry structures
- This mortar has larger aggregate for wider joints which helps prevent cracking during the curing process
- Will be white in color when dry
- The sand is a perfect blend of carefully graded, sharp silica with perfect interlocking structure.
- Easy work-ability from high plasticity (sticky). Up to 1 1/2″ of mortar will adhere to your slicker.
- Our Lime Putty is added in just the right amount to fill the void space in the sand. Not too much or too little.
- The lime binder is 98% calcium
- Cures/carbonates quickly and thoroughly
- Very low shrinkage
- Water shedding
- Water releasing
- Highly permeable
- Cushions and flexes with normal building movements
- Tint-able for durable color matching
- Each bucket weighs 80 lbs and will last in the bucket indefinitely.
- The mortar is freeze/thaw stable, however if the bucket of lime mortar freezes, the bucket could possibly crack but the mortar will not be harmed.
Lime Mortar Mix Bedding and Re-pointing Mortar – 5 gallon bucket holds .6 cubic feet of mortar. We have found that one bucket will re-point approximately 12-24 sq. ft. on most historic stone walls. This quantity will vary depending on the size of the joints in stone. We recommend using an Imer Mixer or our drill beater to “knock up” the mortar before using. This is because the calcium in the mortar must be energized. Each bucket comes with water on top that must be removed before knocking up. Follow the instructions on the website. 6% Sales Tax will be added for PA residents. If the original mortar has failed this is most likely due to moisture infiltration issues. It is imperative that the source of the water be eliminated before re-pointing with our Lime Mortar. Otherwise our lime mortar will fail also. Please follow all safety warnings and installation instructions for a successful installation! Installation Guide – Safety Data Sheet – For Specifiers (manufacturer’s specs) – Mortar Tech Sheet