This is our Lime Mortar Mix for Bedding and Re-pointing in a five gallon bucket, premixed. Ready to use.
- Stand-alone sand binder strong enough for weight-bearing masonry structures
- The sand is a perfect blend of carefully graded, sharp silica with perfect interlocking structure.
- Easy work-ability from high plasticity (sticky). Up to 1 1/2″ of mortar will adhere to your slicker.
- Our Lime Putty is added in just the right amount to fill the void space in the sand. Not too much or too little.
- The lime binder is 98% calcium
- Cures/carbonates quickly and thoroughly
- Very low shrinkage
- Water shedding
- Water releasing
- Highly permeable
- Cushions and flexes with normal building movements
- Tint-able for durable color matching
- Each bucket weighs 80 lbs and will last in the bucket indefinitely.
- The mortar is freeze/thaw stable, however if the bucket of lime mortar freezes, the bucket could possibly crack but the mortar will not be harmed.
Lime Mortar Mix Bedding and Repointing Mortar – 5 gallon bucket will re-point approximately 65 square feet for a 3/8″ wide mortar joint at 3/4″ deep We recommend using an Imer Mixer or our drill beater to “knock up” the mortar before using. This is because the calcium in the mortar must be energized. Each bucket comes with water on top that must be removed before knocking up. This lime mortar mix can be installed using a bag if more water is added, however the addition of water will add mass to the mortar and it will tend to develop shrinkage cracks which must be compressed together as the water leaves the mortar. Just follow the instructions on the website. 6% Sales Tax will be added for PA residents. Please follow all safety warnings and installation instructions for a successful installation! Installation Guide – Safety Data Sheet – For Specifiers (manufacturer’s specs) – Mortar Tech Sheet
|Dimensions||12 × 12 × 15 in|
Bowman Red, German Gray, No Pigment