Lime Mortar Mix
$49.00 – $55.00
The lime mortar mix that we offer is premixed with sand and ready to use on any restoration, construction, or masonry project. It will need “Knocked Up” to be workable. That occurs after rigorously mixing for at least 5 minutes. Made with the perfect blend of silica sand. Order your lime mortar mix from Lancaster Lime Works today.
This is our non-hydraulic Lime Putty Mortar Mix for Bedding and Re-pointing in a five gallon bucket, premixed with sand and ready to use.
- Stand-alone sand binder strong enough for weight-bearing masonry structure
- The sand is a perfect blend of carefully graded, sharp silica with perfect interlocking structure.
- Easy work-ability with high plasticity (sticky). Up to 1 1/2″ of mortar will adhere to your slicker.
- Just the right amount of our lime putty to fill the void space in the sand.
- The lime binder is 98% calcium
- Cures/carbonates quickly and thoroughly with low shrinkage
- Water shedding with the correct joint finish
- Water releasing
- Highly permeable
- Cushions and flexes with normal building movements
- Tint-able for durable color matching
- Each bucket weighs 80 lbs and will last in the bucket indefinitely.
- The mortar is freeze/thaw stable, however if the bucket of lime mortar freezes, the bucket could crack
Lime Putty Mortar Mix 5 gallon bucket will re-point approximately 65 square feet for a 3/8″ wide mortar joint at 3/4″ deep.
We recommend using an Imer Mixer or our drill beater to “knock up” the mortar before using. This is because the calcium in the mortar must be energized. Each bucket comes with water on top that must be removed before knocking up. This lime mortar mix can be installed using a bag, if more water is added, however the addition of water will add mass to the mortar and it will tend to develop shrinkage cracks which must be compressed together as the water leaves the mortar. To avoid failure, do not re-point in temperatures below 40°F.
A note about color: A slicked joint verses a weathered joint may appear to be two different colors even though they are the same color. Shadowing, joint recession, etc. will affect color perception.
All ingredients sourced and made in the USA!
Please follow all safety warnings and installation instructions!
Pallets are available. A pallet consists of 24 buckets: pallet weight excluding the pallet 1,920 pounds.
If you have 2-3 weeks before you need your order, we can put the freight order out to bid. This option can offer significant freight savings. Allow 2-3 weeks for transit time. Please call to discuss.
For quicker turn around time, UPS Freight is our standard carrier and shipping rates can be attained on our website.
|Dimensions||12 × 12 × 15 in|